[Ansteorra] Bad things

Chelsea Durham baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 08:49:47 PDT 2007

So you're saying if my husband has to work late, and I have to take my child
to fighter practice with me to be baby sat by one of the fighter's ladies
(she's already volunteered), I have to have someone there that's passed a
background check? Perhaps we should make all of the officers have a
background check. They have to be there (marshal if it's fighter practice at
least) and they can serve the two functions. I don't think it's a bad idea,
especially since if a child's in trouble, they'll likely seek out someone
like an officer for help.

Known in these Current Middle Ages as Lady Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig
MacDaniel
None is deceived but he who trusts too much.

I believe it was an officer or person whose official function in the SCA
requires them to work with children.

They cannot require anyone but officers to get background checks. However,
they can require that any official SCA function (and that includes fighter
practices and *may* include guild meetings) where children are present have
at least one person who has been checked and practice two deep adult rules.
This would be simllar to requiring a Marshal at any official SCA activities
that include fighting.

Caelin