[Ansteorra] rules

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:31:07 PDT 2007

You're both right. Unfortunately, the SCA is a victim of modern society as
well, so the SCA must try and protect itself as much as possible. People
today don't like to take responsibility for themselves and their actions and
like to blame everyone and everything else except themselves (i.e. the
tobacco lawsuits, the McDonalds lawsuit over hot coffee, warnings on hair
dryers to not use while bathing). This has led to way too much stupid
litgation, and the death of hundreds of organizations large and small, many
of which were probably guilty of nothing more than wrong place, wrong time
and dumb luck. The SCA now is a victim of this.

It's an unfortunate fact that we are an annomoly in modern society. We
assume people are honorable, moraly straight and trustworthy. You can't even
say that about the Boy Scouts or the Church anymore. This nieve view of
ourselves leaves us open to these situations, and it's the BOD and Kingdom
leadership's job to protect us from the world, and ourselves else our
Society be murdered by mundanity. It's a responsibility I don't envy them.
They need our support.

However, I think a compiling all the children's rules in one book would be a
great idea.

Faelan