[Ansteorra] OT: Bedding dilemma

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu May 17 05:21:53 PDT 2007

At 11:58 AM 5/16/2007, you wrote:
>Hello to the kingdom!
>
>I have a general question and thought I would pose it to everyone to
>get the most information I could.
>
>My lady and I are sick of air mattresses and would like to move to
>something a bit more dependable. What is the best bedding in terms of
>set up / break down, amount of truck space it would take up, etc.

We use an old double bed frame with a foam rubber mattress. The frame
itself breaks down to headboard, footboard, metal side rails and
slats. We use a folding sheet of 1/2" plywood instead of a box
spring. Try the local Salvation Army (or similar) store for a cheap,
used bed frame.

We drive a Chevy Astro van, and the mattress goes on top of all the
other gear so someone can sleep comfortably in the back on long trips.

         -Tivar Mondragon