[Ansteorra] CROWN HEIRS-VALID QUESTION

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Fri Nov 9 11:15:25 PST 2007

Haraldr Bassi wrote:

> The Corpora of the Society already has specific steps listed in it in
> the event that one or both heirs are unable to step up to the throne or
> need to step down in mid reign without current heirs. I don't know that
> additional law at the Kingdom level is really needed as kingdom law is
> defined as below Society Corpora in the precedence of laws and Corpora
> seems to be very thorough on all of the possibilities.

Specifically, it says: "Failure of the Reign or Succession: Procedures
shall be established in the law of the realm to ensure the succession and
to provide for the maintenance of the realm and its royal offices in the
event of disaster, failure, or absence of any of the reigning royalty or
their heirs."(Corpora IV.F.5)

That states, explicitly and unambiguously, that additional law is indeed
required at the kingdom level.

> Kingdom law is allowed to be more, but not less, restrictive so we
> couldn't eliminate the requirement that Crown is required to be
> announced in advance in the kingdom newsletter.

Specifically, Corpora states that "Formal actions and announcements with
long-term impact on the Society may occur only at Society events for which
a full announcement including date, time, and place has been published in
advance in the appropriate corporate publication. These actions include
Crown and Coronet Tournaments ...." (Corpora II.C)

The event announcement has in fact been published.  My understanding is
that there will also be one-time mailing to the Black Star mailing list.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin