[Ansteorra] SCA Vocabulary

Elizabeth Blackthorne eblackthorne at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 08:28:49 PST 2007

Why does this have to end up in an argument about which terms are
better?  Can't we all see that both sets of terms have historical
meaning to us, one set of terms is SCA historical, the other set is
more Middle Ages historical.  Does it really matter? If I am the
person in charge at John's Day(How dare Bob's Day go up against
me<grin>) and someone asks "who's the autocrat?" am I supposed to tell
them, "there is no autocrat, maybe you should try asking for the event
steward"  NO WAY.  The person in charge should answer to both names as
well as the "who's in charge here".  The Feast-o-crat, head cook,
feast steward is the same way, they should all answer to all of those
as well as "who's cooking?"  There will NEVER be an acceptable to
everyone answer because as I stated before both are historically
accurate, one has to do with the organizations history and the other
with Middle Ages history.  "Can't we all just get along"
Elizabeth