[Ansteorra] Seawinds Defender Oct 26-28th

Autumn Selby arianna_janae at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 19:32:30 PDT 2007

Greetings Ansteorra!

The Shire of Seawinds invites you to join us as we
choose our next defenders in the fields of chivalric,
rapier, archery, arts & science, and bardic.

We have planned a Middle Eastern themed event that is
sure to please!

HL Eleanor Elizabeth Caley is serving up a fabulous
middle eastern evening feast - served in proper
Persian style while lounging on the ground with
pillows. Breakfast and lunch will also be provided and
are included in the site fee.

Breakfast will be prepared by the Company of the Sable
Ram and lunch will be a period and non-period soup
competition. Seawinds will provide the breads and
fruits to go along. In Seawinds, you NEVER go home
hungry!

The competitions: There will be two victors chosen
from each field. One will be our next Defender and one
will be declared the populous favorite!

Lord Brian of the Loch has created a fabulous rapier
tournament.  The rapier tourney will be run in three
sections. The first part will be a single elimination
tourney. The second part will be a half hour "Battle
for the Holy Lands" Bear Pit. The third part will be
"Trade Road Raiders." The three winners from each part
will then meet in a Round Robin Final.

Lord Madog of Glastonbury has prepared an entertaining
chivalric tournament. The tournament will progress in
several rounds.  Test your mettle against the outgoing
champion, fight challenges at the barrier, and join
together in a snowball melee that will pit the
Crusaders against the Moors!

Mistress Hillary will be heading up the Arts and
Sciences competition. All levels of experience are
encouraged to participate!

For our archery competition, come and test if your
arrow can smote down the Frankish King of Jerusalem.
Crossbows and longbows are both welcome.

The bardic competition will take place during feast.
Bards are also encouraged to perform for the ladies'
pavilion that will be set up alongside the tournaments
during the day.

Come join us for classes in the afternoon. We will be
teaching a Cordials class, Lucetting class, Equestrian
Toys class, and a Vocal Heraldry class. Please consult
the website for schedule and details.

The fun will last well into the evening as we
transform the feast are into a Hafla with dancing,
drumming, and good company.

Site fee is $15 with all-day feast included.
The site is wet in period containers.
Please refer to the Defender Website for more
information at <http://www.seawinds.org/defender/>

If you have any questions, please e-mail the
autocrats:

Arianna de Genevois
mka Autumn Selby
<arianna_janae at yahoo.com>

Alix de Bohun
mka Michelle Krell
<czarena_unrest at yahoo.com>

In Service,
Lady Arianna de Genevois and Lady Alix de Bohun
autocrats of Seawinds Defender