[Ansteorra] apprentice vs. protege

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 18:02:59 PDT 2007

I liken taking/being taken as an apprentice/protege as a marriage.  Not everyone feels like that, but I take the Society and my responsibilities to it very seriously, therefore that is my approach.  Ask 100 people, you will probably get 100 different responses.
  gwyneth

L T <ldeerslayer at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Apprentice - Formalized student of a Laurel
Protege - Formalized student of a Pelican

All "rights" and "responsibilities" of Master/student relationships are defined by the persons in them. There are no established guidelines for them.

Be aware that becoming either of these will make you a "target" for being judged by others.

These relationships should not be entered into lightly. You and your prospective Peer will be in the relationship for a long time. You need to make sure that it is a good fit for you and them. You might also consider the others with whom they are attached...since their other relationships will also affect you.

L DeerSlayer