[Ansteorra] Off Topic - For the Adventurous; a two day Intensive Burlesque Workshop!

Traci traci at crimsonvision.net
Tue Oct 23 09:12:11 PDT 2007

Hello Everyone!

This is a little off topic but I hope this is ok to post here; I know alot
of dancers out there like to explore all aspects of dance and I am working
on bringing this aspect to Texas!  Several of you have expressed interested
when I have discussed this workshop at recent events so I want to put this
out there for all to experience.

It's not belly dance, no, it's racy, yes, but for those of you who may be
interested, I am hosting a two-day intensive workshop (think 10 hours a day
with plenty of breaks) with one of the most well-known Burlesque stars of
today; Jo 'Boobs' Weldon!  Jo has learned directly from the ladies who
performed during the golden age of twentieth century striptease, and she's
ready to show you the best of the best!

Learn the sexy shimmy, the tantalizing glove peel, the devastating bump n
grind, and the dazzling tassel-twirl from an internationally recognized
striptease expert with decades of performing experience. Many former
students perform in New York at prestigious burlesque venues. You can, too;
Dallas has a budding Burlesque scene with several troupes just looking for
their new star! Or, you can take a burlesque workshop simply because the
workshop itself is a party! It's even more fun when you bring a friend!

This workshop will be held in Carrollton on Saturday February 23rd and
Sunday February 24th&  will consist of two days of intensive instruction (10
hours a day with breaks).  The first day will focus on burlesque dance
(basic moves, chair, fan, peel, and floor) classes, and the second day of
skit burlesque (ideas, themes, music) classes and resources (costuming,
shopping, props). The first day will also include a basic fan dance class,
featuring lessons on hand positions, types of fans, and basic fan dance
moves. An additional advanced fan dance class including ostrich feather fans
that you get to keep will be offered if supplies are available. Different
price ranges for different fan options will be offered when availability of
the fans is confirmed. This will be announced upon confirmation and will be
a separate registration from registration for the weekend workshop.

Registration is strictly limited to 20 Ladies (sorry guys; no men allowed!),
so if you're an outside-of-the-box type and are curious about burlesque,
here's your opportunity to learn more!  This would also make a
**GREAT**Valentine's gift!!  Think of it; a gift that both of you can
enjoy!  ;)

You can also go directly to the event registration page for ALOT
more information including ticketing options & payment plan here:
texastease.eventbrite.com/

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!  Looking forward to
seeing some of you there!

XxX,
Lady Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa
a.k.a. Aurora Blaze  ;)