[Ansteorra] Estrella Period Demo Center

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 15:44:58 PDT 2007

Forwarded... Hillary
  Estrella Period Demo Center
Oyez! Oyez!

To the Artisans of the Knowne World!

We would like to invite you to take part in the Estrella Period Demo
Center. Similar to Gulf War's Artisan's Row. The Period Demo Center
will be running during all of Estrella.

The Period Demo Center will give you the opportunity to see people
working on different types of art and craft projects. A place for
people to talk to others about techniques, problems and solutions with
projects they are working on with people active in their art forms,
and to get ideas for working on new projects.

In addition, we need participants in the Period Demo Center to help
out on Friday when the school children from the local area come to
Estrella, so they can see first hand Medieval and Renaissance art
forms and crafts.

So who are we looking for? What types of art forms and crafts?

Ideally you will need to be able to explain what you are doing and how
you do it. Either one-on-one or small groups. Volunteers can be
individuals, groups, or guilds working for a block of time, with 4
hours minimum to demonstrate their particular art-form and display
information about it. A weaving guild might come in for a entire day
with looms, books, examples of their work. Groups of embroiderers
might demo period embroidery techniques. A armorer can explain the
right and proper method of hammering a rivet. Laurels can come with
their apprentices and do a demo and display for an afternoon.

Among the crafts we are looking for is pewter casting, wood carvers,
wood workers, potters, entertainers, period games, cutting and sewing
tunics, jewelry making, armoring, or just about anything that you can
do.

The Period Demo Center and Period Encampment will be located next to
the A&S area and Estrella Collegium. Making the Period Demo Center a
ideal location to supplement classes being taught at the Collegium
with more hands-on time for your students. There will be sunshades
available to set up your display and work area, each sunshade will be
dedicated to a particular type of art or craft.

If you or anyone you know would like to help with the Period Demo
Center project, please contact

PDC Coordinator - Baroness Ann Bushnell of Tylehurst: MLadyAnnB at aol. com
Deputy PDC Coordinator - Baroness Cynthia de Wickersham (Cynthia
Baker) vikingbead at aol. com,

or visit the website at
http://www.estrella war.org/Default. aspx?tabid= 443 .

Thank you,