[Ansteorra] Vivat to Graywood for great event!!

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 18:32:55 PDT 2007

Vivat to Graywood for pulling off another great event!!
  The site is large, rustic and wooded, and will be lovely for Crown tourney.
  Graywood members were all about hospitality, I was constantly being assisted with my chair or ice chest.   There was plenty of fighting for those that wanted it and plenty of relaxing time to really chat with friends and new friends.  Wonderful day.

  The feast was great - chicken pies, stew and fruit cabobs- yummie!  I don't recall having had the 'cheese goo' before, but I'll not soon forget it - fabulous!

  The 'Destructo-Arts' activity was a hoot!  My Norse brass/copper wire-beads were smushed by the heavy mallet, but not 'broken', so they were considered both a 'science' and an 'art', deamed a 'scn-art' by some.  It was great fun when we smashed the beads, then couldn't locate them- only to find then smushed and stuck to the heavy mallet.  I'll keep my wire beads as a momento of the occasion.  Much fun!  - next year - let's try a scroll!

  Congrats to Lady Rosalinda de Salerna on her Sable Talon in Chivalric Combat - Vivat!!

  Cheers, Hillary