[Ansteorra] Bryn Gwlad at SCA Wiki-Cunnan

Andrew Benton spearweasel at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 04:36:51 PDT 2007

O-hisashiburi, Dearest Chiara-hime!

  Wiki's have their place, and their flaws. As I tell my own students, a  wiki is usually a good place to begin research, but not to end it.

  For Bryn Gwlad's page, I  thought perhaps to simply borrow text  from the appropriate sections of the Barony's own website rather than  using my own words, and to keep it general rather than specific.

  In any case, the more exposure for Ansteorra and its baronies online,  the better. You never know who might get curious and come out to join  us.

  Humbly,
  Kamaitachi no Kansuke, aka "Spearweasel"
  http://www.brassbricks.com/sca/east_asian_personae_main.htm

  ===================================

Konichiwa desu Kamaitachi!

I think the reason you see a lack of information about our fair Kingdom on
such wiki's is because there is a sour taste as researchers for such items.
They purport to be a type of research vehicle when they have no real checks
and balances in place to verify information that has been added and edited.
Ex: Colleges refuse to accept references from Wiki's.

While yes, a link to our respective websites would be a great thing to have
on this one specifically I think the jury is still out on who or what will
do the verifications.

As the Kingdom Virtual scribe I did put the question to my SCA corporate
counterparts and as of this day have yet to get an answer. While some will
say this is a normal happenstance I feel that it is actually a statement in
itself. This is uncharted territory. Ansteorra is normally the test bed for
such things. But this one thing we have left alone.

Your Barony is a fine and wonderful place. I go there as often as I am able
to as that is where I am from, it was my home for more than half my life. I
would trust whatever words your Baron would deliver in this matter for your
group's information.

HL Chiara Francesca
Kingdom Webminister, Ansteorra