[Ansteorra] was: Flash Photography at events

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Sep 17 11:59:32 PDT 2007

Quoting Susan Froebel <susanfroebel at hotmail.com>:
> I agree with Laszlo that the spoken word can sometimes evoke pictures more
> powerful than a photograph.  My favorite case in point involved a newcomer
> asking Sir Francois how he held up his tights.  It's a beautiful tale that I
> got in A.S. XV or XVI.  I do pull it out now and again at a bardic campfire,
> but I tell it poorly compared to some such as Don Tivar or Don Robin, one of
> whom, I think, first told it to me. (snipped)
> One of my favorite things to do is swap stories about things seen along the
> way.  Get me a chair and find me a drink and I'd be happy to tell you this
> and many others.
> Rhiannon o Goed Niwlog

Honorable Lady Rhiannon:

We have never met, and as I am generally unable to travel outside Oklahoma, I
may never have that opportunity to hand you a mug and listen to a tale. If I
were to send you something to drink, and a blank cassette tape via the US
Mail ... would you record the story, and send it back to me?  :)

I would ask you, and anyone else willing: Tell your tales. Let me know who
inspires you and why. Tell me of that perfect moment that epitomized 'The
Dream' to you. Share the history of the ensignia of an award you received. Send
them to me. I'll transcribe them if they're audio, and post them on my
historical website for others who cannot travel, or don't know who to ask about
that story, or gain that rich insight into the tapestry of history that is
Ansteorra... (at the suggestion of a good gentle in the North, I am also
thinking of burning cds or creating a podcast, with the original audio of
stories provided, if the storyteller is willing)

I'll be attending Namron's Protectorate, Chemin Noir's Fair of the Harvest, and
Weisenfeur's Yule. If you see me, seek me out. Tell me a tale. :)  I'll be the
one with the tape recorder and the chocolate...

-Zubeydah

http://zubeydah.northkeep.org
http://photos.northkeep.org