[Ansteorra] Flash Photography at events

Susan Froebel susanfroebel at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 11:46:18 PDT 2007

I agree with Laszlo that the spoken word can sometimes evoke pictures more powerful than a photograph.  My favorite case in point involved a newcomer asking Sir Francois how he held up his tights.  It's a beautiful tale that I got in A.S. XV or XVI.  I do pull it out now and again at a bardic campfire, but I tell it poorly compared to some such as Don Tivar or Don Robin, one of whom, I think, first told it to me.

I was fortunate enough to actually meet Sir Francois (and dance with him) when I was a newcomer.  This means I have a face for the story, but it would lighten my heart even without the his visage in front of me.

One of my favorite things to do is swap stories about things seen along the way.  Get me a chair and find me a drink and I'd be happy to tell you this and many others.

Rhiannon o Goed Niwlog

Message: 5