[Ansteorra] Please share your favorite memory of getting Largess

Deborah Wade rhiannonferchcian at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 12:22:56 PST 2008

The most memorable incident for me was during the reign of Simon and Tessa.  They traveled out to the new Incipient Shire of Bonwick for our 12th Night Celebration.  She wore two small bags made from the same fabric as her Coronation Gown and in the bags were supplies to make another bag and two garnets.  During an event she privately presented these bags to individuals who made the “Dream” come to live someway during that event.  She took the time to do this throughout their entire reign.

  I was then charged to make a second bag from the contents of the first and to pass on the bag to someone who made the “Dream” live for me.  A short time later someone helped me at an event and I was able to pass on the bag to another person with the story.

  I will never forget this token and treasured it for many years.  While the bag itself has long since disappeared I still have the garnet that was in it and the memory that when I am doing what I enjoy as a part of the SCA others are able to have the “Dream” come to life.

  Rhiannon ferch Cian