[Ansteorra] favorite memory of getting Largess

shona haskins shonao at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 09:15:33 PST 2008

The most memorable and (albeit silly) exciting piece of largess I have
gotten is the smallest piece, and the one piece I wear or have with me all
the time in garb.
At Gulf Wars last year, camping with Lantern Guard, I made dinner for the
camp one evening. Super simple stuff, just tacos. Well, soft tacos ;)
I was informed as I was heating things up, that their Majesties would be
joining us for dinner. Seriously? They're comming to eat her for what is
easily the messiest meal possible??
and they did. *laugh*
HE Deonna (sp? sorry, if it's wrong!) was every bit as dainty as I would
have been trying to eat a taco in beautiful garb! *laugh* And she took it
all in stride.
They seemed to enjoy the dinner, as they ate their fill, and that was cool.

Another night I made BBQ beef burritos for the Clann Ross boys, as all their
women were MIA for this event. It was the same evening as the Knight's
Circle, so I was having to take Sir Morgan and Sir Duncan's food to the
circle. I had some extra so decided the King probably hadn't eaten yet, so
made two more for him as well. Easy and non-messy food. No problem.

I got down there,  gave the boys their food, and passed the other plate down
to the King. But darn it! His Lady was with him, and I hadn't expected that!
I couldn't so anything about it, but I was ok with the fact that I knew they
had at least eaten _something_. Because I do know what it's like to be at an
event (perhaps not SCA) and be so busy, and have so many responsibilities
that you literally catch meals when you can. And you're lucky when you get
those! =D

After court in the Steppes area on Thursday night (I believe),  the Queen's
head of entourage found and grabbed me. I was quite confused, and a little
nervous. She was speaking to someone else, and I almost told the head of
entourage to let her know that feeding her was no  problem, and I'd catch up
with her later when she was a little less bombarded. But I was told no, she
wanted to talk to me.
Before speaking to the next person of rank that wanted to talk to her, she
turned to me and told me just how much she had appreciated me making sure
they had been fed. Both at camp, and during the Knight's Circle. I told her
it was no problem, and was glad they got to eat, and even more glad my foods
hadn't ruined any of her garb! *laugh*

she then gave me the largess they had for the event. A cast pewter tent with
the Ansteorran Star on it, on a safety pin, lined with beautiful small glass
beads.
That means the most to me. I was so excited afterwards, I got hearty laughs
from Sir Duncan, Borek, and Sir Morgan :) My own Lord told me I was amusing.
Heh.

It is the smallest, and I know she handed out a lot of them that event, but
I suppose it meant so much to me because she sought me out to make sure I
got it. It was truly exciting for me :)

-Annwn

--
Well behaved women rarely make history.