[Ansteorra] speaking of amber jewelry....

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Tue Feb 5 13:42:45 PST 2008

On the topic of amber jewelry....

My brother, Nathaniel McPhereson, and his household of McKillinKay are hosts of
a party being held on Thursday, 02/14/08 at the War event going on in Arizona
that week... (It's apparently against their Kingdom policy to name the event,
or the Kingdom sponsoring the event, because alcohol is being served and may be
purchased with the proceeds of this fundraising).

To support my brother and his household in their fundraising efforts for this
event, I recently created two necklaces of amber, each with a theme: One
is "Dawn" and one is "Dusk".

"Dawn" is made of butterscotch and golden honey amber. It is strung on 100%
silk beading cord, and is approximately 24" long. There is a large central
pendant of clear, honey amber. The necklace was hand-knotted its entire length
for strength. It was designed to be reminiscent of the shifting colors of the
rising sun. The necklace has been strung so that the colors gradually fade from
a bright golden central pendant to a pale, almost white butterscotch at the
clasp.

"Dusk" is made of a dark cognac and dark honey amber. It is strung on 100% silk
braided beading cord, and is approximately 24" long. The necklace was hand-
knotted its entire length for strength. It was designed to be reminiscent of
the shifting colors of the setting sun. It has a variety of pendants along its
length, moving from smallest to the largest in the center, which is over 1
1/2".

They have just been posted for sale on EBAY, on a three day listing.

Dusk: Item number: 200198017808
Dawn: Item number: 200198020212

100% of the proceeds will go to pay for the event; my time and materials are
donated. The items are currently in Aurora, Colorado -- if the winner of the
auction is attending the aforementioned war in Arizona, they can be delivered
there, or sent via USPS.

Remember - Valentine's Day is just around the corner! Either of these would be
the perfect gift for your Valentine.  Both peices are suitable for either
gender.

Please feel free to pass the word along to anyone you know who might enjoy
owning these pieces.

(These items are not tax deductable.  This fundraising is strictly private and
to be used for the purpose of acquiring adult beverages for the party. SCA
funds cannot be used for this purpose.)

In service,

- Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah