[Ansteorra] ANSTEORRA HERALDIC HELP NEEDED

lambdakennels1 at juno.com lambdakennels1 at juno.com
Fri Feb 8 07:05:21 PST 2008

I would really like to see a Heraldry graphics webpage with a picture of the insignia for each award and the ensign the populace is allowed to display, and other heraldic graphics.  That would help me as an artisan correctly make and display the insignia and other heraldic things used in Ansteorra.

Lady Stephanie Lilburn
Stephanie Smith, Ph.D
Hunt County, Texas
Owned by a Poodle and an Australian Cattle Dog
K5AMK

-- "Alasdair MacEogan" <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>  The Ansteorran star is heraldically identified as "a mullet of five greater and five lesser points sable".
>
>  As for a design of the star, I haven't seen one posted on the website anywhere.  I've seen a few requests
> for it lately - probably people wanting to make tabards for Gulf War.  I'm sure someone out there has one that
> they can send you.  I'll try to get a PDF of the star put on the heraldry site.

If you download this zip file ( http://www.ansteorra.org/graphics/heraldry/group-devices.zip ) and open it inside amongst the other files is a image called ANSTEORRAN-ENSIGN.jpg.  on it is an example of the Ansteorraon Star you can use.

I am also working on somethign for the heraldry site, but I am not exactly sure how to fit it into the current structure. ;-)  Or even what all needs to be included.  I was thinking about some sort of kingdom heraldry page/gallery but am not sure if that will work well.

Alasdair