[Ansteorra] ANSTEORRA HERALDIC HELP NEEDED

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Fri Feb 8 08:20:13 PST 2008

Quoting "lambdakennels1 at juno.com" <lambdakennels1 at juno.com>:
> I would really like to see a Heraldry graphics webpage with a picture of the
> insignia for each award and the ensign the populace is allowed to display,
> and other heraldic graphics.  That would help me as an artisan correctly make
> and display the insignia and other heraldic things used in Ansteorra.
> Lady Stephanie Lilburn

Lady Stephanie:

I am delighted to direct your attention to _just such a project!_  It's on the
scribal website, as oftentimes insignia are sent in along with scrolls, through
the regional scribal officers.  The project was spearheaded last year by
Mistress Hillary Greenslade, and she provided me with the bulk of images for
the site.

Visit:
http://scribe.ansteorra.org/
On the navigation bar on the left, click on Insignia.
That will display a page with a link to allow you to open up the insignia
library in a new window. Please be patient - it's graphics intensive due to all
the photos and illustrations of insignia, and takes a while to load.

Or, you can simply click on:

http://scribe.ansteorra.org/insignia/index.htm

And that opens the insignia pages directly (but robs you of the chance to see a
very cool scribal site :> ).   The insignia site is still in its adolescence -
we're actively looking for individuals to submit their insignia for inclusion,
so that we can build a 'visual library' to help artisans see what's right and
what isn't when it comes to insignia.

I hope that's helpful for you.  I welcome contributions and suggestions on
making the site a better resource to Ansteorran artisans.

In service to the College of Scribes & Illuminors,

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah
Scribal Vscribe