[Ansteorra] for the Viking Personas

Susan Calafrancesco scalafrancesco at drakkar.org
Wed Feb 27 17:05:38 PST 2008

L T wrote:
> Apparently she's pretty much been discredited by the museum she was donating the garment to... for trying to pass off shoddy research as "fact"...
>
> Personally, I think it was just a grab at fame and controversy... that backfired because she didn't do good research ;)

Just goes to show, you can't believe everything you read. I discredited
her the minute I read this from the "Viking Women Dressed Provocatively"
article: (Until now, anthropological evidence showed a Viking woman
wearing an apron on top of a linen robe. The apron consisted of two
rectangular pieces of cloth, in which strings on the back panel attached
to the front with brooches) It was quite obvious she did her research
based on poorly illustrated cocktail table books on Vikings and not
actual finds.

Oksana