[Ansteorra] ISO Archery Answers

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Jan 2 10:17:31 PST 2008

Brandon McDermott wrote:
>  Hello archers,
>
>  I was wandering if there is a minimum grade for fiberglass arrow and bolt shafts such as tensile and flexural psi ratings and such?  With the new rules are we using 1/4in or 5/16in shafts? Are both OK? If so, witch is preferred?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Lochlan

Try the Ansteorra Missile Combat List where this would be more on-topic.

The list is available via
  http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/ansteorra-missile-ansteorra.org

and more information available via
http://archery.ansteorra.org

There are not tensile and flexural psi ratings specified.  Similarly we
don't have those specs for rattan or fiberglass for spear shafts, or...
It must be a good quality solid linear pultruded fiberglass.  If the
marshal feels that is it poor quality, too whippy, breaks too easily,
etc then it can be rejected.  The diameter must be between 1/4" and 3/8"
inclusive.

Regards,

-EA