[Ansteorra] Event Locations

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 10:11:49 PST 2008

At 12:53 AM 1/3/2008, you wrote:
>On Jan 2, 2008, at 10:54 PM, Jean Paul de Sens wrote:
>
> > There are only two official events announcements in the January
> > Blackstar
> > that are in Oklahoma, Queen's Champion and Winter War Manuevers.
> > Both of
> > those have the mundane locations listed.  The Company of Wolves is
> > just an
> > advertisement, and is not required to have the same information an
> > official
> > event ad must have.  Is that the one you are referrring to?
> >
> > JP
>
>Official or not, this isn't a question of what is *required* in an
>announcement. Cuan mac Niall's comments are a good indication of
>something that should be in every event announcement. Other phrases
>like "same site as last year" without further directions are also
>incomplete. Even for folks who have been here for a while, do you
>have and can you locate all your BlackStars from last year?

Of course I can. The last couple of years of Black Stars are in
*that* pile over there in the living room. Older ones are in one of
two boxes out in the garage.

Now granted, the pile in the living room is not in any kind of order
and contains other SCA newsletters besides the Black Star, so finding
a particular Black Star there would be a bit like going on an
archaeological dig. The boxes in the garage are behind some shelves
and a bunch of other SCA stuff, but it wouldn't take more than an
hour or so to go through the pile or to dig the boxes out and find
the right bundle of Black Stars. <G>

         -Tivar Moondragon