[Ansteorra] Western Region drive times

Elizabeth Crouchet elizabeth at crouchet.com
Wed Jan 9 10:41:22 PST 2008

Even in the Bryn Gwlad area, (the greater Austin area) the longest
distance between the extreme edges where we actually have members is no
more than 1hour 15 minutes according to Google Maps. Buda to
Leander(41mi) is listed as just under an hour but even at the best of
times it has always taken more than that for me to actually drive it
which has been about an hour and twenty minutes. Leander to Bastrop is
listed as 1 hour, 11 minutes(55mi).

Of course that is only true when it is not rush hour, which does
increase drive times by at least half again as much if meetings happen
on weekday evenings after 4:30 and before 7:30pm. That does affect
attendance sometimes around here due to time and gas considerations, too.

So if you divide the West into two groups, each group could measure  300
miles by 170 miles or 3 hours by 2 hours. That is a very large area
which poses obvious challenges.

I have no solutions to offer right now. Best of wishes to you all.

Claire