[Ansteorra] comments on Western Region problem

marlyna at aol.com marlyna at aol.com
Wed Jan 9 18:46:05 PST 2008

>From Bonwicke to Treloc is a 3 hour trip one way.  From Bonwicke to the Elfsea is 6 hours.  With the disbanding of the shires, the closest event will require a long trip before the even even starts.  When I was living there, the only time the royals or peers ever came out was for Gothic War, so we would see them once a year.  The Western Region has always been the "forgotten/ignored" region.  Which is sad because there are some awesome people out there.

Marlyna

-----Original Message-----
From: Rose & Chad <love at roseandchad.net>
To: Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc. <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:58 am
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] comments on Western Region problem

I'm hearing alot about this distance thing... What kind of distances are we
talking about here? We have members that come in from Altus, which is about an
hour away... But they don't get to come to every weekly meeting and most of the
later-in-the-evening one are kinda out since they have to include drive time
back home... Just kinda curious...

  R the O

Paul DeLisle <ferretpd at gmail.com> wrote:
  The essence of this "breeding ground" is the local groups. If the number of
"local groups" is reduced to two, the distances involved to "belong" to a
group are simply too far for any reasonable person to consider travelling
regularly.