[Ansteorra] Fringe Members

Robert Fitzmorgan fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 09:38:30 PST 2008

   Requiring a membership in order to register a Name and Device, or to have
a fighter authorization might generate some revenue for the corporation, but
it would create a paperwork nightmare for the Kingdoms.  This idea would
create a lot of additional paperwork for the volunteers who keep things
running on the local and Kingdom level and all the benefits would go to the
corporation.

   We already have issues getting people to volunteer to hold some offices,
I believe this is in part due to the increase in paperwork and rules.  This
would just make that worse, with little benefit to the people having to do
the actual work.

    Remember, the Corporation exists to serve the needs to the Society, not
the other way around.   The NMS is already in place to insure that
non-members are sharing some of the burden of supporting the corporation.

    By placing more and more restrictions on non-members, a few might decide
to buy memberships, but it would make many fell unwanted.  If they stop
coming to our events, the corporation looses the $3.00 NMS, the local groups
loose the site fee that they would have paid, and everyone looses out on the
non-monetary contributions that that person would have made to the event and
to their local group.  Lots  of people loose, who benefits?

    I'm all for encouraging people to become paid members, but I don't think
the way to do that is to make them feel unwanted if the don't

Robert Fitzmorgan