[Ansteorra] Fringe Members

Rose & Chad love at roseandchad.net
Wed Jan 9 17:55:50 PST 2008

I don't think the Bod should have to consider non-members. Sounds terrible but we pay for the insurance, newsletters, etc. while the fringe members cannot be counted on to pay anything. A NMS fee for three to four events per year is just twelve bucks. That's a far cry from the thirty-five that a regular member pays. I think that we should leave the small NMS fee alone, so that newbies and fringe members can do as they will, but I don't think you should be able to hold office or deputy, register or keep arms, getting a fighter or any other kind of auth card, getting an award, etc. etc. etc. By the time you'd be getting an AOA, you should have decided whether or not you want to be a part of this great community, and you should be paying your share of our costs. If even half of the fringe members paid a membership fee, we probably wouldn't be looking at how to raise revenue to cover inflation and rising insurance costs. Just my eleven cents.

  Rose the Obnoxious