[Ansteorra] events for non-fighters (was bards, brewers, and cooks)

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 10:35:02 PST 2008

Thank you for the clarification.  While there are indeed a subset of
fighters who "just fight", I think if you look hard you'll find that they
also participate in many more activities than just the combat.  The
implications that all we do is fight did rankle me a bit.

Having said that, I very often enjoy events where there's no fighting (so
long as it's not done in a spiteful or mean fashion) as it can be an event
where I can do the other stuff I enjoy, without feeling pressured by my
peers to armour up because I have to.  There are days that I would rather
take a class than swing a stick... not many, but then again, some of the
cool classes have metal swords and poleaxes in them too :)

JP

--
"Write with nouns and verbs, not with adjectives and adverbs. The adjective
 hasn't been built that can pull a weak or inaccurate noun out of a tight