[Ansteorra] How to help the West

Robert Fitzmorgan fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:33:28 PST 2008

   Things may have changed, but my understanding is that in order to have an
official practice you need to have an authorized marshall and a warranted
officer.  They could be the same person, but they didn't have to be,


On Jan 13, 2008 11:22 PM, Pat Mullins <paedrics at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Eadric Anstapa <eadric at scabrewer.com> wrote: All marshals appear on a
> roster.  Even just an inspecting marshal is
> acting as a safety officer on behalf of the SCA.  You can not have any
> marshal activity at anything SCA official  without having a Marshal In
> Charge.  Since they act officer on behalf of the SCA they must have an
> SCA membership.
> You can have every little checkbox on your authorization card filled out
> but the moment your membership lapses you are not a marshal.  Renew your
> membership and as long as your authorization hasn't lapsed yer a marshal
> again.
> You can fight without a membership but you can not be the marshal in
> charge of anything without a membership.
> -EA
> Then why require a marshal AND a warranted officer to have an official
> practice?
> Paedric
> ---------------------------------
> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it
> now.
> _______________________________________________
> Ansteorra mailing list
> Ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/ansteorra-ansteorra.org

"If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much
of a day."     John A. Wheeler

Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Yahoo IM: robert_fitzmorgan

More information about the Ansteorra mailing list