[Ansteorra] How to help the West

Robert Fitzmorgan fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 16:32:09 PST 2008

    I wasn't at any of the meetings where this action was discussed.  All I
know is what I have read on the list.  Without knowing the reasons why the
Shires are being disbanded I can't make any sort of sensible answer to
that.

On Jan 12, 2008 4:08 PM, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:

> At 02:22 PM 1/12/2008, you wrote:
>

> They could, of course, but if the Deputy Seneschal of Bonwicke In
> Charge of The Place Formerly Known As Blacklake is holding metings in
> The Place Formerly Known As Blacklake and the Deputy Marshal of
> Bonwicke In Charge of The Place Formerly Known As Blacklake is
> holding fighter practices in The Place Formerly Known As Blacklake,
> how does that really change anything from what we have now?
>
>         -Tivar Moondragon

    I wasn't at any of the meetings where this action was discussed.  All I
know is what I have read on the list.  Without knowing the reasons why the
Shires are being disbanded I can't make any sort of sensible estimate on how
this will compare to having left the Shires in place.
   Sub-communities within the Barony will not need a treasurer.  If they
have an official Fighter Practice they will need to file wavers, but other
than that there shouldn't be any reports or paperwork.  To have an official
Fighter Practice there will need to be at least one warranted officer
present, but other than that the deputy officers need not be warranted, or
warrantable officers.  The sub-communities will not have their own bank
account, any expenditures would have to be approved by and come from the
official branch.
    I have no idea what the problems are that led the Kingdom to take these
actions.  Knowing the people involved, I am assuming that they have good
reasons for what they are doing, and I take them at their word that they are
doing what they think is best.
     There is no doubt that this will create a lot of problems for a lot of
people.  I'm not trying to minimize that.  Most of the discussion on this
list is heavily focused on the problems.  That's natural.  People are still
in the stunned, hurt and angry stage.  I tend to be a solution focused
person.  Once a problem is defined, I tend to focus on finding a solution
rather than focus on the problem.  You were pointing out a problem, the long
travel times that people in the disbanded groups will have to attend local
meetings and practices.  I was just pointing out a possible solution.  I am
not saying that this is the right solution for every group, but it may work
for some.  In the end the people of the West will have to come together and
find the right solutions for themselves.

Robert

--
"If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much
of a day."     John A. Wheeler

Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Yahoo IM: robert_fitzmorgan