[Ansteorra] How to help the West

Robert Fitzmorgan fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 09:29:42 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 10:53 AM, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:

> That mechanism already exists, it's called a Canton. Quoting from Kingdom
> Law:
>
> Section 3 : Cantons
> A canton is a branch recognized by the Crown, formed under the protection
> of a
> barony, which fulfills the requirements listed below:
> A. At least five subscribing members of the SCA.
> B. A warrantable seneschal, treasurer, and at least one of the following:
> marshal, herald, or minister of arts and sciences.
> C. A name and arms that have been registered with the College of Arms.
> D. A record of at least six months of regular activity.
>
>         -Tivar Moondragon

     Cantons make sense to me as well   In Pug's announcement to the list he
mentioned that this was one of the options that they considered, but they
choose not to go that route.  You would have to ask them why.

Robert

--
"If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much
of a day."     John A. Wheeler

Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Yahoo IM: robert_fitzmorgan