[Ansteorra] How to help the West

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Sun Jan 13 17:23:07 PST 2008

Tivar asked:

> They could, of course, but if the Deputy Seneschal of Bonwicke In
> Charge of The Place Formerly Known As Blacklake is holding metings in
> The Place Formerly Known As Blacklake and the Deputy Marshal of
> Bonwicke In Charge of The Place Formerly Known As Blacklake is
> holding fighter practices in The Place Formerly Known As Blacklake,
> how does that really change anything from what we have now?

Because there are no membership requirements and much lower officer
requirements.  Getting deputy officers doesn't require the awkward process
of going through the regional officers.  The fighter practice doesn't
require a separate report each month; the Bonwicke marshall places a call
to get the data and then includes it in her report.

A fighter practice and some meetings in Blacklake don't require a full
slate of officers, just as a fighter practice and a few meetings in Round
Rock (part of Bryn Gwlad north of Austin) don't.

It also might make it easier to move back toward branch status.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin