[Ansteorra] How to help the West

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 13 20:56:52 PST 2008

But does Treloc have enough additional people willing to be officers
of a barony, since a barony requires more officers than a Shire. The
added populace might not be a good source of new candidates for the
additional needed officers since these outlying groups would be so
far away.

I've yet to see anyone saying what the problem currently *is* in the
Western Region, other than perhaps one of not having enough regional
officers. Reshuffling the regions doesn't eliminate the work, it just
pushes it off on someone else such as the regional officers of the
expanded neighboring regions. Or having the groups report directly to
the kingdom officers, which would increase their workload. I'm not
sure who the people were who voted to destroy the region are, but
that may be one reason the latter choice wasn't chosen.

It is beginning to sound like the reason for this decision have more
to do with making some folks jobs easier than being something that
will help out the gentles of the Western Region.  I wish someone
pushing this solution would tell us what the problem(s) are and how
this solution is supposed to solve them. I don't like this "for your
own good" explanation. I've heard too much of that from Washington
lately.

Stefan

On Jan 13, 2008, at 5:37 PM, L T wrote:

> Probably because Treloc doesn't have enough members on it's own to
> become a Barony and needs the numbers of the groups near it to
> become one...
>
> Once Treloc becomes a Barony those other groups that melded into it
> could congeel as cantons ...
>
> L Deerslayer
>
> Robert Fitzmorgan <fitzmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
>      Cantons make sense to me as well   In Pug's announcement to
> the list he
> mentioned that this was one of the options that they considered,
> but they
> choose not to go that route.  You would have to ask them why.
>

> Robert

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com