[Ansteorra] Events in the Last Five years

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Sun Jan 20 20:13:32 PST 2008

Though I consider persona play magical and wonderful to watch, most of what
I do is service which is not really period. I do first aid which no one
wants to be medieval. I do cooking - and though we want to cook period
things, we want to do the cooking with modern sanitation and techniques.
I've been a Seneschal a couple of times and it primarily relates to modern
thinking about people and law. I take pictures (and I apologize for the
modern intrusion it causes, but I believe it is a valuable service). I
Marshal and that is a modern affectation. I guess only Heraldry (of the
things I do) is more or less a period thing subject to persona play.

So there are things I could do in persona, but I have never found time to
build a really good persona. Maybe that will come with time and changing
priorities, but mostly I agree with Sir Jean Paul.

Caelin