[Ansteorra] A&S

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 14:49:03 PST 2008

suggested documentation is 1 to 2 pages...
and at least 3 sources...

A listing sources is very helpful in figuring out a person's interpretation of an item.
A person who is well versed in a subject often knows most of the primary and secondary sources generally availible or has heard of them... but most people use quatranary or tertiary documentation... which is often so removed from the item itself... that people who have a modern eye...and read the tertiary sources often go off on very improbably directions with their work.

very often web pages for documentation suck!

It'd be great if people could give enough notice before entering a competition to allow a search for judges knowledgeable in a medium...
But since it's not currently part of our culture...it would take alot to make it a common part of our culture...

You might consider going to a Laurel's Prize Tourney when they come around (I think they're once a year)... they try to have knowledgeable judges and are more in a display format... I think you'd like the atmosphere;)

I've heard of the kind of competition you talked about... where someone stands around and explains their art... but I personally couldn't deal with it...
1. I'm ADHD (diagnosed and everything;)... and can't deal with sitting for court much less being chained to a table all day... (that's why I stand at the back of court...so I can walk off my ADD;)
2. I have a problem being on "display"... and "trapped"... you'd never have guessed that I grew up around the theater and was Vicaress (landed) for a year...
still gets to me...

BTW... I've never entered anything in competition and I have an Iris ;) (grant A&S)
so... actually you don't _have_ to compete to get an A&S award...

L DeerSlayer