[Ansteorra] children and teen activities in the SCA

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Mon Jan 21 18:42:23 PST 2008

I really think you should ask the children that grew up in the SCA. My sons went to their first event when they were 2 weeks old. My son Johnathan wanted to have a gaming tent because this was something that meant a lot to him. When he was young gaming allowed him to interact with adults on an equal level. The gaming was well received in the Steppes and others took it up. The gaming areas are not a "youth" program. It is an activity were young people can do things as equal members of the SCA. I think that you find that many of our children who stay with the SCA had opportunities to interact as members of the kingdom not sub category "children". They were Ansteorrians who were children not children in Ansteorra.
I know this is a problem with our needs to protect our children but there must be some thing we can do.
Willow