[Ansteorra] Events in the Last Five years

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Mon Jan 21 18:54:56 PST 2008

I've endeavored to make my persona as like me as possible, so I can be comfortable
and period at events. Invariably, the two cannot match perfectly, but they can come pretty
close. However, alot of us are interested in times and places that don't hold people like
ourselves - sometimes that's part of the attraction of the period.
This is what we a suppose to be doing. Our personas are us with the forces of a medieval culture on us. For example Honor. How doe you as a modern American view honor vs you as your persona?  Does your persona believe in equal rights? I was a Civil Rights Worker in the 60's and 70's but my persona doesn't like peasants. I was really shocked to realize that my persona really is class conscience. I don't like thralls either. I think they are ill lucked. I also do not have a code against killing while I am totally against it in real fife.
We learn about the affect of culture when we stay the same and change the cultural elements.
This is what differs our role playing form other forms of role playing.
willow