[Ansteorra] A&S

Deborah Wade rhiannonferchcian at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 07:17:35 PST 2008

>Frankly, I don't do much "in camp".  By the time I get to my camp, it is dark and I am exhausted >from doing stuff all day.  I find some food and crash.  Now, during the day you will never see me >sitting still and doing nothing -- I always have some hand work going.  Perhaps others have the >same problem with exhaustion and that is why you don't find them doing stuff in camp.

>Lady Stephanie Lilburn

It isn't so much doing things in camp as simply doing them where people can see you doing them.  If you are practicing your art those that are interested will come talk to you about it as they wonder the field or hall.

For more than 20 years I've brought spinning wheels, floor looms, inkle looms or embroidery to events to work on during the day.  This has fallen somewhat by the wayside as I've become more active as a rapier fighter.  You can only pack so much stuff in a vehicle.

I can't remember the last Court that I attended when I didn't have some type of work in my hands and almost always I will be asked what to explain what I'm doing or how it is done which results in a brief informal exchange on the status of my research and the development of the individual who began the conversation just as you and I have done several times.

I've seen you at your booth you always have something going while you vend or as sit during a meeting or at practice.

Rhiannon ferch Cian