[Ansteorra] Pay-2-play, Pay-2-fight, Pay-2-whatever...

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Wed Jan 9 11:50:19 PST 2008

I would argue that the costs for authorization cards (I assume you mean
fighter authorization cards) is borne by the kingdom and the officers who
contribute their time and sometimes money. Paying the BoD for that is hardly
offsetting any of that cost. If you mean authorization to be a non-member,
that seems a bit weird to say the least.

Caelin on Andrede

<snip, snip>

> Should we require paid memberships for any of these privileges? I really
don't think so. The potential negative impact on
> recruitment outweighs the need to increase the income to SCA Inc. If that
income needs to be raised, increase the
> non-member surcharge. I'm not a conservative thinker, but I think the
membership requirements are appropriate as they
> stand. If the income to SCA Inc. is inadequate, perhaps the GC should
consider a small increase in the non-member
> surcharge. I also think an administrative charge for authorization cards
for non-members would be appropriate (a