[Ansteorra] Bards, brewers and cooks

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:37:29 PST 2008

> I think if you look at most of the events> there is a plethora of activities, and that fighting is very rarely the> center stage.

I agree for the most part. I do think fighting, both armored and rapier,
does take "center stage" at many events but that is because the
event is about the fighting. Namron Protectorate, Steppes Warlord,
Stargate Baronial, etc..... are centered for the fighting because that
is what the tournament is about. There are certainly other activities
but the fighting is the main focus.

Now the the statement about bards and such being the ones who
are working while all of us smelly fighters are having fun is a bit biased.
Fighter types are always helping at events, even non-fighting ones.
Look at this past 12th Night. Fighters were doing bardic, cooking,
washing dishes, setting up, tearing down, cleaning, etc...
At Steppes Warlord fighters are setting up, tearing down, helping
in court, holding bardic, waterbearing, marshalling, running security,
et al...

Yes, fighting is center stage at some events but once the fighting
field clears, there are a lot of other activities going on where other
areas are center stage.

> JP
Gunthar