[Ansteorra] Bards, brewers and cooksand maybe gaming

Pat Mullins paedrics at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 21:10:30 PST 2008

When was the last time you saw a heavy tourney start at 11:00PM? Or armored up and fought during feast? Have you ever fought in a closet too small to hold the fighters? Not a bearpit tourney, but a 10' X 15" room with 15 or 20 people. If there is fighting it WILL tend to push other activities to the side, to less desirable times or places. Fighting requires space, light, and for the fighters to be (more or less) sober. Isn't that why most tourneys start at 9:00 or 10:00 AM? Maybe we could have a drunken torchlight bearpit tourney ;D. On the other hand,the period games someone suggested would, I think, be a welcome addition. Don't those fighters need to learn to play chess?
Just my tuppence worth.
Paedric
 I think if you look at most of the events
there is a plethora of activities, and that fighting is very rarely the
center stage.
JP