[Ansteorra] A&

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 18:16:26 PST 2008

As someone who is compulsive about having something to hand to work
on, a lot of sites just aren't practical to bring your art to, to work
on.  The dust and dirt and wind as well as extremes of temperatures
can make working outdoors - problematic at best.  I have embroidery
and hand sewing that's I've brought along, but there are some things
that just don't travel well. Not all projects are portable in the
working stages, they can be a handful to display once they are done!
I know projects can be planned that are small and portable, but you
know, I don't think I need more busy work. My to-do list is over
hundred items already, and that grows daily.

Also if you are involved in doing some part of the event,( like
fighting, heralding,  water bearings, prepping for feast or gate)
trying to balance your handwork with other activities can get to be a
bit much too.

Some times you really do need down time,
Alexandria
(one of Kasilda's other apprentices...the one that's always working on
something, or have beads in hand so the fingers can stay busy)

--
"I'm buying this fabric/book now in case I have an emergency...you
know, having to suddenly make presents for everyone, sickness,flood,