[Ansteorra] Group Status Changes

DonPieter at aol.com DonPieter at aol.com
Sun Jul 13 21:29:09 PDT 2008

In a message dated 7/13/2008 10:43:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
estarkey at camalott.com writes:

The  non-response from Master Pug of specifics of what Mendersham did wrong,
and the punitive "plan" he came up with is found to be not only
counterproductive, but insulting.  Zero tolerance for any mistake for  3
years, you gotta be kidding.  I was in this for fun, and this has  ceased to
be fun.

Much of what he claimed we did wrong is purely  speculative, jumping to
erroneous conclusions and "discovered" after he  and the great officers
decided to trash the groups of the Western  Region.

Is there any positve to this?  Well, I'm positive that I  will never hold
another office in the SCA.  I am positive that I will  not renew my
membership of 20 years.  I am positive that people who  are interested in the
historical reinactment of the middle ages will not  find the SCA in the
Abilene area.  And I am positive that fixing  fence and cutting brush in the
hot West Texas summer is more fun and  fulfilling.

AmaRyah

I hate to ask this but bitter much? I have a hard time believing that being
asked to make sure that as officers that you have all your ducks in a row for
3  years is asking to much. Perhaps it is because I work in a field that has a
zero  tolerance for any mistakes. In my field a mistake kills a patient, in
this case  a mistake kills a group. The mistake I see being made here is not
trying. Those  that rather give up and cry evil big bully foul without even
trying to do the  right thing shows no respect to oneself, ones group, or ones
love of this game.  It is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved
at all it has been  said. Also nothing ventured nothing gained. Nothing is
being ventured so noting  is being gained, only lost. I am sorry that it will now
take people in Abilene  who wish to find the SCA to do an internet search and
find us in a town down the  road and not there. But those people in the
future who have to find us in  different places, who have to travel to join in at
events, perhaps they will  rebuild the group there and will be told going into
it that as a NEW group they  will be required to learn their jobs as officers
and make no mistakes so that  one day THEY will be able to spread the dream of
the SCA to the local masses and  learn from the mistakes of those that gave
up and drifted away.

Don Pieter Rausch
SoS