[Ansteorra] Group Status Changes

Rudibega at aol.com Rudibega at aol.com
Wed Jul 16 04:04:55 PDT 2008

In Alden Pharamond's response....

"In addition, the SCA is regarded as far more of a "fringe" group in  these
areas than in, say, HOUSTON. (I actually had one Lady ask me (in  a
frightened voice) at a Demo if this was some sort of religion...) That  makes
it difficult to recruit. The attitude is pervasive...even in a city  that has
3 Universities (Abilene... but they are all *Christian*  universities; with
all of the built-in repression and intolerance that image  invokes.)"

Gee, I couldn't guess why someone from the one of those  universities might
be hesitant to get involved.

I don't know what I dread more, the firestorm this highly offense post  could
cause or if it doesn't cause one at all.

Genefe Kruse
just a plain old dues paying member of the  populace