[Ansteorra] Group Status Changes

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Wed Jul 16 05:56:01 PDT 2008

Thank you for pointing that out.  I often feel there is a prejudice in
the SCA toward Christianity in any form.  I have been lectured because
someone overheard a *private* conversation in which Biblical scripture
was quoted, yet it is perfectly acceptable for a group to hold a pagan
ceremony in the clearing down the road.  I'm all for their right to do
so, please don't misunderstand, but I also know that an offer of a group
Bible study at say, my campsite, would bring down the roof (separation
of  Church and  SCA).

I have no idea what the teachings of the Universities in Abilene are,
but to assume all people who attend a 'Christian' university are
repressed and intolerant is as prejudiced as what they have been
accused.  Other than that statement, I appreciated Alden's explanation
of the difficulties in the Western Region.

Ismet