[Ansteorra] Group Status Changes

Miles Grey Kahn at West-Point.org
Wed Jul 16 11:17:13 PDT 2008

Genefe Kruse wrote:
> In Alden Pharamond's response....
>
> "In addition, the SCA is regarded as far more of a "fringe" group in
> these areas than in, say, HOUSTON. (I actually had one Lady ask me (in
> a frightened voice) at a Demo if this was some sort of religion...) That
> makes it difficult to recruit. The attitude is pervasive...even in a
> city  that has 3 Universities (Abilene... but they are all *Christian*
> universities; with all of the built-in repression and intolerance that
> image  invokes.)"
>

> Gee, I couldn't guess why someone from the one of those  universities
> might be hesitant to get involved.
>
> I don't know what I dread more, the firestorm this highly offense post
> could cause or if it doesn't cause one at all.

Yes, I was highly offended by this.  The above-cited words are
indistinguishable from those of an intolerant bigot.  Such people are best
ignored unless they actually start acting on their bigotry.  Revelation of
such prejudice renders suspect everything else that person might say, so I
promptly ignored the rest of his post.

Just my opinion, of course.

  Miles Grey
  Christian and Brewer