[Ansteorra] Group Status Changes

HE Chiang chiang at nts-online.net
Wed Jul 16 16:01:18 PDT 2008

  I do not really think that Don Alden was picking on Christians, per se,
being one myself. I think that he was just pointing out that some religions
do seem to have a bias against things they know little of. I have lived in
Mendersham, in fact I grew up there, and know some about what he is talking
about. I worked for a guy, that one day said something about the fighting in
Ireland, between the Catholics and the Christians. McMurry University and
Abilene Christian University still, as far as I know, requires that students
attend Chapel and have guards placed at the doors to make sure that you are
not attending for someone else. They also patrol the bars to make sure
students are not out drinking.
  I have also had people say stuff to me when wearing garb, not the usual
"are you in a play?" but things like calling me a Satan worshipper. Heck, I
even had to deal with that attitude from my family too, for quite sometime.
It is something that we have to deal with out here. We fight a lot of
different biases, because as said below, we seem to be less urban and more
rural.
  So I would once again come to Don Alden's rescue, and ask you to not take
offense at his words. He may be loud and some what obnoxious at times but he
does mean well. I do not think that he meant to be offensive or put down
Christianity, just some uninformed biases.
HE Chiang,
Baron of Bonwicke
and as HE Wuya says "Right Winged Christian"