[Ansteorra] Urban legends (was: Group status changes)

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 11:09:00 PDT 2008

On 7/17/08, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:

> That sounds like a variant of the basic Urban Legend: somebody wrote down
> Society for Creative *Anarchism* instead of Anachronism on some form, and
> (since this was back in the late '60s) the FBI infiltrated the SCA to make
> sure we *weren't* planning to overthrow the US government and replace it
> with a monarchy. Supposedly the FBI guys wore grey flannel T-tunics while
> they were checking us out.
>
> The result of the investigation (depending on which version of the UL you
> follow) was that we were labeled as "weird but not dangerous" or "the group
> most likely to survive in the event of a nuclear war."
>
> Realistically, considering the number of SCA folks in the military, if we
> *were* on some kind of government blacklist, there would be all kinds of
> repercussions.
>
>        -Tivar Moondragon

Yep.  I can count five clearances between my household and my teacher,
including mine and Ioannes.

Oh, and by the by, one of these days, we must meet face-to-face at PiP.  I'd
love to put a face to the name I've known for years.

Helena Dalassene (MKA SoldierGrrrl)
--
Blonde.  It's not just a hair color; it's a way of life.

http://soldiergrrrl.livejournal.com/