[Ansteorra] Boardermarch melees

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 14:12:03 PDT 2008

TO MY MOST NOBLE COUSINS OF BOARDERMARCH:

 As I stand on the upper parapet of my keep at night, I too have seen  in the
dark distance the fiery flames of the forges of Gleann Abhann .   Their
numbers are like the stars in the summer night.  My spies  report that these forges
make the weapons of invasion and war  and are no good portent of things to
come.  We can sympathize with our  brothers and sisters to our western corner of
our fair kingdom as you stand  stalwart against the hordes wishing to sack,
pillage and plunder our fair  kingdom and a glorious job you have done in the
past.
   We of the Loch, also stand against  invaders,  those of the sea, those
barbarian hordes who would invade our fair  kingdom from the South by the use of
the longships and galleons.  We have  always had the support of our fair
cousins in Boardermarch, as you have come to  stand by our sides when the need
arose.  For this support, we thank you and  salute you nor shall we forsake you.
   In your time of need, you will need as many friends and allies  as
possible, for the invasion you face is much greater than many outside of  our small
corner of the Kingdom can imagine.  To this end, I pledge myself  and all of
the retainers that I can raise in the Loch, to aid in your  defense of your
Barony and of the Kingdom.  For this, we ask no golden  rings or coins of silver
in payment nor will we ask for any of the spoils taken  from the living
prisoners or of carcasses that will feed the ravens, that were  once those who dare
to invade you.  No- We only ask as reward, that  your famed bards and story
tellers remember and tell of the time that two  Baronies stood side by side and
repelled the might of an invading army.

Baron Bors of  Lothian
First Baron Loch Soillier
Malleus et Deus