[Ansteorra] Fw: [Announcements] Waterbearing proposal request forcomments

Miles Grey Kahn at West-Point.org
Tue Jun 17 15:16:48 PDT 2008

Consider also the Marshals and List Heralds at a typical tournament.  In
general, for the duration of the current round, they don't have much
opportunity to serve themselves and depend on the water bearers.

I've observed that our squeeze bottle approach does differ a bit from what
I've seen elsewhere.  The squeeze bottles allow us to drink with relative
safety.  I noticed the water bearers in another kingdom carrying about
gallon jugs of water that everyone just tipped back.  Being very
accustomed to our approach, that took me aback and I resorted to the
"serve yourself" model, filling my mug from a large container or a
fountain.

Further, having enjoyed the convivial gatherings that continue late into
the night at many events, I've noticed that the norm is for various
bottles to be passed around for all to enjoy.  I've also noticed that
certain things at feasts aren't exactly entirely safe.  While none of this
has prevented me from participating and enjoying feasts and the various
evening gatherings, should there happen to be some sort of outbreak, could
they really trace it to water bearing and not to the passing of bottles?

I don't the BOD's idea is a good one.  Just my opinion, but I'll provide
my input to that comments at sca.org email address.

  Miles Grey