[Ansteorra] Ants

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 09:28:52 PDT 2008

> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:59:59 -0400
> From: hsetrinity at aol.com
> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Ants
> To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
>
> To keep fireants away, an simple, inexpensive and environmentally-safe
> solution is...cinnamon. Yes, just plain old ground cinnamon, sprinkled
> around the perimeter of  wherever you don't want the ants to be.
> Enviromentalists believe that it screws up their pheremone
> trails, but for whatever reason, they avoid it like the plague and will
> exit the area.
>
> Suzanne Beraud
> Bjornsborg

I don't recall who told me this, and I haven't yet tried it, but to avoid mosquito's, I was told to use 'bounce' dryer sheets - just wipe them on your exposed ankles and arms and tuck it in your clothing somewhere. Plus it smells good.  Also, there is now a new mosquito repellent that is a dry spray-on powder that is not the greasy smelly product we are used to.

Cheers, Hillary