[Ansteorra] Ants

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Fri Jun 20 10:04:32 PDT 2008

Hillary Greenslade wrote:

> I don't recall who told me this, and I haven't yet tried it, but to avoid
> mosquito's, I was told to use 'bounce' dryer sheets - just wipe them on
> your exposed ankles and arms and tuck it in your clothing somewhere. Plus
> it smells good.  Also, there is now a new mosquito repellent that is a dry
> spray-on powder that is not the greasy smelly product we are used to.
>
> Cheers, Hillary

Another thing that helps is to include plenty of garlic in your diet.
There are compounds from garlic that are released through the skin that
make you much less appetizing to a wide variety of insects, mosquitoes and
chiggers included.  If you don't like the taste, or want to avoid the
problems of "deadly garlic breath", garlic supplements (sold in the
vitamin section of pharmacies, grocery stores, etc) also work quite well.

Padraig
--
Nunc est bibendum.